Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Grammy's

OK so the Grammys were this past weekend and I am a little late in posting my view on them. I can say that I really wasn't impressed with most of the performances. I understand that they have to have a variety of performers due to the different genres of music being honored; but what was going on with all of the slow songs that artist decided to use this year? That being said my favorite performances were, in order of most liked:




1. Lady Gaga-Poker Face/Speechless with Sir Elton John


- she always puts on a show and they seem to get better and better with every new one. I also loved how she said that there would be a dedication to all her little monsters. Which was? The hands on the piano with there paws up!!!! LOVE HER!!!!!!!


2. Pink-Glitter in the Air


-Pink is a true performer, i love how this is the second time she has done some sort of an aerial act. I love that she is so athletic that she can sing live and hang upside down. So all you artist out there that blame lip singing on acid reflux or whatever else u blame it on STFU!!!!!


3. Beyonce-If I Were A Boy/You Oughta Know


-No I didn't really approve of picking a slow song or all the star troopers standing on the stage. I did approve of her outfit choice and switching it up to You Oughta Know which is one of my all time fav songs by Alanis Morrisette.


4. Michael Jacksons Earth Song-Jennifer Hudson, Celine Dion, Usher, Carrie Underwood, Smokey Robinson...I love this performance and it had chills running through me with the vocals.




Now onto my Pick for Best Dressed at the grammys:




Lady Gaga in Armani Prive/Geometric Hat by Philip Tracy
Now many of you may not know this but these outfits were CUSTOM Armani Prive'. The two outfits that she wore are Art and considered as such. This is also known as Haute Couture, meaning One of a Kind. The wife's of Persian Kings and Prince's sit front row at the Haute Couture shows to only buy outfits like these to display as art in their palaces. Mr. Armani himself stated that he was honored to have dressed Lady Gaga for the Grammys. So to Mrs. Julian Ranshit who sits on the Fashion Police panel over at the E! network please STFU!!!! You don't know fashion what so ever, you are usually in a no name designer, and I hardly think that any big fashion house is honored to dress you. Especially in an Haute Couture ensemble.


Sex Drugs Rock-n-Roll




No comments:

Post a Comment